Monday 23 December 2013

60 Second Interview with Jasper!

60 Second Interview with Jasper!

We hear you have been up to some pretty amazing things during your three month break & we have missed having you on our runway!









Where have you been? 


Ethiopia, Dire Dawa


What made you decide to go there?

I went with an organization called VSO ICS, they give the opportunity for anyone between 18-25 to volunteer for 3 months working in development. My personal reasons for going was to contribute to an community and to gain experience.

What was the best experience while you was out there? It's hard to specify one but when handing out certificates to students who passed the grade, just the general happiness of everyone I encountered was amazing. Here is a documentary I made from my time in Ethiopia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKZqtV5ezg


What would you say to anyone else who wants to share the same experience's you have?

Go for it, if you do not have many commitments and want to experience a new culture then you have nothing to lose.


Sounds Amazing, Has this made an impact on your life?

Yes, it's given me future career goals and reinforced priorities.


So what are you plans for next year?

University, I am working for the university working on environmental sanitation, explore more of my art & photography, do some more in international developmen
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment