Saturday 5 October 2013

60 Seconds with Dream Street Ambassador Ann-Marie Norton

60 Seconds with 14 year old Ann-Marie Norton, Dream Street's New Ambassador  

What made you enter the Dream Street Ambassador search? 
I have been at several events with Dream Street and Chloe, I like the ethos of Dream Street. I am not a size 0 girl or a girl i would say is of typical model material, I have always had confidence issues but every time I have Chloe at Dream Street she has been encouraging and friendly which is very helpful. 

How did you feel to win the title?
It took me a moment to realise it was my name that was called, so many confident, beautiful ladies entered I didn't think I would win!  If you could see me you would see someone who's still smiling, my head is up high and I'm so happy, my confidence has gone through the roof!

What is your plans for over the next year as a title holder ?
I am a fundraiser for The Poppy Appeal and I am going to continue to raise money for this wonderful charity, I would love to do some modelling and enjoy showing that girls come in different shapes and sizes also that we should enjoy people's difference and not judge people because of the way they look.  I will enter as many pageants as I can and wear my sash and crown when I fund-raise or attend events. I have decided to visit some local nursing homes to show that young people can be friendly and are not scary.

What would you say to anyone thinking about entering a pageant?
You really should give it a go, my Mum and Dad was a little concerned when I said I wanted to have a go as they had seen Toddlers and tiaras, and didn't like the thought of me wearing a lot of makeup  and being judged, not all pageants are like that in fact Dream Street is the opposite, they look for the natural beauty.  I have met some wonderful people, someone helped me to learn about hair and makeup, this was fantastic as my Mum is rubbish ( sorry Mum ), my confidence has increased so much it's unbelievable, this also has helped me in life as well, I am more willing to talk to people, this helps with my charity work, my dancing has improved because I have learnt about stand better and to be confident, I have even been interviewed for the radio, some thing I would never have done before pageants.  If you are thinking about entering give it a go, talk to the organizer and other contestant as they will help you, we are a friendly group!

No comments:

Post a Comment